Cosmic Custodian: Guest Post
Today I am excited to post Cosmic Custodian's first guest post. He has agreed to write a guest post every month. Welcome aboard, CC...!
BREATHE
Hi there intrepid blog readers! Cosmic Custodian here (or Space Janitor if you insist). Sierra was gracious enough to let me submit a guest post and I hope you enjoy my ponderings.
Today I wanted to talk about the breath and its vital importance. I know, I know, you're probably thinking; "What gives CC? You usually have some profound esoteric ramblings in your comments. What's with this boring breath bullshit?!?" Don't get your panties in a bunch, I'll get there, give me a minute...
In ancient Hindu teachings the breath is identified as the cord that ties the soul to the body. Breathing is a critical component of pranayama (life force control). Coupled with certain forms of yoga like Raja (or royal yoga) breathing and certain poses help in deepening meditation and reaching transcendent states of consciousness. Or, in non smarty-pants terms breath = good.
You might wonder how that relates to everyday living and what does it mean? I've found in my own experience that the mind can wander and be in multiple places at once. The body is only here in this present moment always. If I get lost in thought, I'm pretty certain I'm not breathing. Thought is also power. Whatever or whoever we are thinking about is what we are giving our creational power to.
The "popular kids" in school weren't the ones with the most friends, but those people who had the most other kids thinking about them and giving their power to them. Cults function this way too, where the "leader" has people thinking/praying to them and stealing people's power.
So just breathe. Don't think about who/what you don't want, and never give into fear. Darkness cannot harm you when you stay out of negative thoughts and don't feed it with fear energy.
When we breathe in the present moment and refuse to let our thoughts wander away, some discomfort will occur. If we don't run away, distract, or numb out, our true feelings will surface. Heaviness in the solar plexus (gut) and heart are the most common I encounter. It might not feel pleasant, but those old feelings need to be faced in all of us.
The current eclipse corridor and lunar eclipse on 28th August are DEFINITELY amplifying these old emotions to face. I'm doing my best to just observe and feel without judgement.
Healthy releasing like crying is good. If triggered by powerful past emotions try not to take them out on others, but spend a little time alone (preferably in nature). These increasing energies and collapse of linear time can be overwhelming. It feels like we are in a giant pressure-cooker at present.
I pray this chat wasn't overly long or complicated. My attention span has been quite short lately too. Hopefully I haven't triggered too many vacant stares or induced drooling...
The tl;dr (too long/didn't read) version is: Breathe, Feel, Be.
Much Love and Light Everyone!
Cosmic Custodian
Where We Go One We Go All
Love and Light
Sierra
π§♀️ ✨
ReplyDeleteBeautiful. Thank you so much Space Janitor π I really needed to read this. My mind does wander and I really do need to focus on my breath more. I need to make more time in my day to meditate. I will keep going back to re read this. In fact I will copy and paste it to its own page so I can easily find it. Love and hugs to all πΊπ❤️π₯°π€
ReplyDeleteThanks, CC πππ
ReplyDeleteBreath work is so good for us. Thank you C.C! An excellent post we can all keep. Anytime we are going through something in our life breathing can help in miraculous ways. I am so happy you posted this as I have been giving my thoughts away. πππ. π§♀️
ReplyDeleteThanks CC for giving this important reminder in your first guest post. Our breath is a loyal companion that accompanies us from birth to death. π When doing Yin yoga, we are also asked to breathe slowly into our pain as we do the stretches. I find this also helps a lot in facing our negative emotions & physical discomfort by being present & not pushing it away or find other distractions.
ReplyDeleteππ§π½♂️ππ§π½♂️ππ§π½♂️π It's always a good reminder. Thank you CC!
ReplyDeleteThank you for this message, CC. I have been far too overwhelmed lately to come up with things to comment on here. There are some scary things in my life right now that are demanding an amount of trust in God that I have never dared to give before. It’s not easy knowing what is mine to act upon and what is God’s to take care of.
ReplyDeleteI appreciate all the encouraging comments everybody! Glad y'all found it helpful. I figured if even one person benefited, it was worth it. I need this message as much as anyone as I still lose track of my breath and get lost in my head constantly. Thanks for the opportunity Sierra, and thanks blog readers. Muchπ§‘!
ReplyDeleteCC, your post was a great reminder to me to keep it in the moment, in the breath. You are, quite literally, a breath of fresh air right now. Excuse the deliberate pun everyone...! Love, Light and hugs to all from stormy NZ.
DeleteThanks, CC. I really look forward to your next post...! It is delightful to have you on board.
Delete